This is for my batsh*t workaholics out there whose hands are fused to their colorful Erin Condren planners and can’t imagine not answering a work email at 9 at night!
If you’re glugging coffee after coffee and busting ass all day only to see that you accomplished less than what you planned on….this is for you!
There are so many lessons I wish I could pass down to my younger self when it comes to productivity, goal setting, and time management.
The main thing would be that you need to make sure you’re planning with your soul in mind.
What lights you up? What techniques help you perform at your highest level? What are you working towards?
If you aren’t gettin’ busy figuring out what helps you be your most efficient then you’re getting busy doing a whole lotta nothing because your energy isn’t focused!
The second thing would be LESS IS MORE.
Lil’ Jen, don’t buy into the hype. You do NOT need to be busy all the time to reach your goals or be successful. You’re actually hurting yourself because you’re burning out and all that creates is ashes.
The last lesson would be SLOW YOUR ROLL.
Create time in your life to do nothing. Be bored. Boredom is where the most creative ideas come from because you have time to actually hear yourself think!
On the plus side, I learned these lessons after much trial and error and now I get to share them with you! Seeing women light up when they realize they can succeed while getting to enjoy more of those precious moments in life lights me the heck up!
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase through the links, we may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. However, all my opinions are my own.
Want productivity hacks to take you from overwhelmed to overjoyed?
What is Productivity Coaching?
A Productivity Coach helps you operate at your most efficient level.
They do this by helping you evaluate your current systems and what you can improve on. What’s working and what isn’t?
They’re your accountability partner and, gently, call you out when you need to be taking more action. They ask you the right questions, direct you on what needs some tweaking, and helps you put a system in place to track your progress!
Best of all, the good coaches at least, won’t force their productivity program on you. They realize that everyone is different and what works for one client won’t work for another.
Do I Need a Productivity Coach?
- Are you feeling like your being pulled in so many directions that you don’t know which way to go?
- Does your to-do list never seem to be finished?
- Do you have 20 gajillion to-do list apps on your phone and don’t use any of them consistently?
- Are you unclear on your goals or how to reach them?
- Are you doing ALL THE THINGS but feeling like your getting absolutely nothing done?
- Do you leave projects unfinished?
- Are you relying solely on motivation to reach your goals?
- Do your goals seem too big to tackle?
- Are you procrastinating on tasks you know you need to get done?
- Have you tried tool after tool and only gotten little spurts of productivity if anything at all?
- Is all your time spent helping other people with none left over to practice some self-care?
- Is there a side biz or hobby you’ve always wanted to start but always told yourself “where on earth would I even find the time”?
- Do you feel like you always need to be keeping busy?
If you answered yes to two or more of the above questions look into productivity coaching. You can just skip on down to the section where I talk about my coaching program or, if you need more convincing, check out all the benefits you’ll receive below!
Who Uses Productivity Coaching?
Anyone can benefit from Productivity Coaching, but here are some of the main clients:
- Sales Executives
- Project Managers
- Business Professionals
What Are the Benefits of Productivity Coaching?
- Clarity on your top goals
- Less Stress. Stop writing to-do lists that even superwoman couldn’t finish in a day!
- Gain the skills that elite productive people of society use
- Have awareness brought to behaviors and habits that aren’t serving you. COUGH. Multi-tasking. COUGH. COUGH.
- Get MORE done in LESS time
- Have more time to enjoy precious moments that can’t be recreated like your baby’s first steps, family vacations, or snuggling in bed with your french poodle, Dolly Parton
- Level up your focus
- Get your one-way ticket out of Procrastination Nation
- Find your own personal productivity system that works best for you
- Consistently reach your goals and do it more quickly!
- Streamline and simplify your workflows
- Cancel your subscription to “feeling like I need to be busy all the time”
- Adopt habits that will support your goals
- Go from overwhelmed to overjoyed because you won’t be feeling like your pulled in a million different directions anymore!
Why is Productivity Coaching Effective?
The research around productivity and achieving goals is that those who are successful write their goals down, break down the tasks needed to achieve the goals and schedule them, and have accountability for those actions. Your Productivity Coach will help guide you on the first two and will stand in as your accountability for the third!
What Is My Productivity Coaching Process?
Hi, I’m Jen (insert adorable smile with hands under chin)!
One of my greatest joys in life (right next to live theatre) is helping women find a better balance for themselves! My own personal productivity journey, 6+ years in project management, and a psychology degree puts me in a unique position to help other fabulous females overcome whatever is standing in their way. For more about me click here.
Let’s remove the psychological blocks and poor scheduling systems that aren’t serving you!
I want to help you finally drop the narrative that you need to be productive constantly and the feeling that life is pulling you in a million different directions simultaneously.
The bragging of being “so busy” that we women do with one another is a major vibe kill and perpetuates the stigma that busy is better. Don’t pretend like you’ve never done it. I’m pretty sure we’re all guilty of this one.
But your busyness is NOT serving you. If you’ve spent enough time around BuddhaBelly you know what I tell you to do when something isn’t serving you…
DROP IT LIKE IT’S HOT!
It seriously gives me chills when a woman I’m coaching realizes how much MORE they can get done in LESS time when they’re operating at their most efficient.
I believe fully that your best productivity comes from a place of peace and revitalization. This requires us to help you cultivate more white space in your life by focusing on your top goals and putting the rest on the backburner.
The term white space was originally used to define the blank space around text or an object. What does this blank space help you do? Well, it helps you focus on the text or object much like we’re going to do here. By creating white space in your life you are able to “give your eyes a rest” and focus on what’s important when needed.
- We’ll start by going over your current methods of productivity, what your pain points are, and how you want to feel.
- Next, I’ll take you through a couple of exercises to determine what your key goals are and how to narrow your focus fully on them.
- Then we’ll start breaking your goals down into manageable, snackable bites…because who doesn’t love snacks?
- Finally, we’ll get to the fun part of finding a scheduling system that works for you! We’ll be doing this with FREE tools.
I love doing a Sunday reset each week where I light a candle, pour myself a glass of bubbly, and plan out my schedule and intentions for the week. Oh, and stickers! Then each morning, I go over my written to-do list and my business specific to-do list that I keep online (UpClick and Trello are the perf scheduling systems in my opinion!).
But what works for me may not work for you. Maybe you want to get your planning session out of the way 1x a month or just do it every morning. Every couple of weeks we will revisit what’s working for you and what isn’t. We’ll make some tweaks and have you on your way. We’ll repeat until your satisfied with how you’re feeling and your efficiency.
It’s not easy and you will learn a lot about yourself, the good and the ugly, over your productivity journey, but when you finally start reaching those goals you’ve had on your list for so long you’ll ask yourself why you didn’t do this sooner.
Imagine knowing exactly where to focus your time and actually getting the tasks done that needed to be completed each day so you can enjoy some well-deserved free time!
Do you feel that lightness? That’s the feeling of your shoulders actually moving down where they belong because you’re not so dang stressed!
Ready to stop keeping whoever makes post-it notes in business by leaving them all over like breadcrumbs or to drop the mindset that being a productivity powerhouse means workin’ your lil’ fanny off 24/7?
Babe, there is a better way!
If you want to learn all about it and get some one-on-one attention from moi (and who could blame ya!) check out my services to see what I can do for you.
I hope this post gave you some insight into what productivity coaching is all about and if you might be a good candidate for it!
Share in the comments below: Does any of the above resonate with you? What do you find most difficult about productivity?
Want to read more? Check out these posts.
- The Top 85 Best Personal Development Books of All Time
- The Ultimate Kickass Guide to Creating a Personal Development Plan + Bonus Workbook!
- Why Trying to “Think Positive” is Bullshit
If you want to be kept in the loop when my productivity course is completed and get weekly productivity hacks that no one else gets sent straight to you sign-up below!