How to Travel and Still Reach Your Fitness Goals

1. A hotel with a kitchen is huge deal! That definitely helps maintain goals. These are all great ideas! Thanks for sharing

2. Anna says:

Great tips! I always find it hard to keep to my routine while travelling. Especially after a long journey on the plain. Fortunately I love walking, so I do a lot of sightseeing on foot 🙂

3. MoJo says:

This is a great post! Maintaining my fitness routine while we are traveling is always something I struggle with. Great things to think about!
    Thanks!

Aw, thanks so much! It used to nag at me to travel without being able to keep up with my normal routine, but I learned to get imaginative, not hold myself to such strict standards and to enjoy the new challenges I could experience by going to local exercise joints.

4. Echo says:

What great ideas. My husband travels a little t and kind of uses it as an excuse. These are some great tips I’m going on o share with him.

Thanks so much! Yeah, I hate coming back from vacation and feeling so sluggish. Being able to exercise during vacation helps tremendously. As does not eating out for every meal. It’s a lot of sodium for my poor little body to take in. I love travelling healthier cities like Minneapolis that have healthy restaurant options!

5. Amy says:

It’s SO tough to keep up with your exercise while you travel. I’ve thought about doing running tours of cities to stay active!

When I was in Myrtle Beach I loved running to take in the sites. There’s an alaskan cruise that has you relax and then allows you to run at the ports they dock up to. Dream vacay right there for me!

6. mama802 says:

My family and I love traveling. We always look for hotels with an exercise room and a pool. The kids swim while my husband and I use the equipment. Works out really well, we get our workouts in and the kid get a quick swim.

7. Holly says:

Good Tips! Very helpful!

8. Brie goumaz says:

Great suggestions! I ALWAYS bring my workout clothes with me on every trip whether I end up working out or not. Also, online videos are so great for traveling, I use yoga with Adriene and even just a 10-minute video changes my entire day! Thanks for the tips!

I love Yoga with Adriene. She’s the best isn’t she. Her and Yoga by Candace are my favorite ways to get ready in the morning! How you start your day is just so important.

9. Kaitlyn Napier says:

Something i don’t think about often, but is so important! Thank you for your tips, I’ll keep them in mind next time i travel!

10. Erin says:

Love your tips! Sharing this with my fiancé who, like a commenter above, was using travel as an excuse to skip the gym. He is on the road at least 2 weeks out of the month so this is super helpful. Thank you!

Thanks so much, Erin! I hope it’s helpful. Being on the road is extremely hard on the body. Make sure they’re stretching well too. You can get super tight hip flexors from driving a lot.

11. Mollie says:

This is such a great post! FInding the time to exercise is such a struggle. Exercise videos on my laptop have saved me numerous times!

12. Tiffany says:

I never thought of checking out a nearby gym that may have short term passes. Brilliant idea!!

13. Daron says:

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don’t know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

14. I feel that your article is also important for those people who have serious concern for health and fitness.

15. What an awesome idea! thank you for sharing! i will definitely share this!
    Local Health Clubs recently posted…Diabetes in Australia for a Better Health AwarenessMy Profile

16. Maurita says:

There is clearly a lot to know about this. I suppose you made some good points in features also.

17. Hey, great article! I can definitely relate to the tips, that you gave us as I was also traveling and keeping myself in a good shape.
    At the beginning it was a bit tricky, but I grew used to it 🙂

18. Nice post…
    fitnesssaga.com recently posted…South Indian diet plan for weight lossMy Profile

19. kumamonjeng says:

I love exercise and work out 5 days a week but I do face challenge to work out when I traveling. The challenge I face is after traveling of whole day in a foreign country, I do not have any more energy to work out in the gym in the hotel. I love how you have also reminded people to eat clean and many more other tips to keep fit while traveling.
    kumamonjeng recently posted…Carmel-By-The-Sea After 17 Miles Drive – Monterey CaliforniaMy Profile

It can definitely be rough. I love sightseeing around a city and typically just count that as my exercise.

I’m really big on bringing healthier snacks or buying them when I get there. My body is super sensitive to salt and take-out food so I try my best to balance it all out 🙂