Stylish and Comfy Fall Fashion Ideas to Try Right Now

fall fashion options

Fall is here in Chicagoland even if mother nature hasn’t quite gotten the memo yet! I have though and I’m here with some of my favorite stylish and comfy fall fashion ideas. I love comfy sweaters, boots, knit socks….pretty much any fall fashion I’m all over. There’s nothing like the feeling of the cool, crisp air with the mix of the bright sun warming you up. Fall is also my favorite time to hike because the leaves on the hiking trails near me look like they’re setting the path ablaze with all their rusty oranges and reds and the cool air is so refreshing.

Fall Fashion Outfit

I had been searching high and low for the perfect jean jacket and finally found the one I loved here at Jess Lea Boutique. Even better news is that if you want this very jean jacket for your own or anything else from the adorable Jess Lea Boutique you can use this link to get 10% off if you’re a first time customer! I always make sure to have a lacy white dress in my closet because there are so many different ways you can incorporate it into your wardrobe no matter the season. I paired them with some Michael Kors boots, knee high socks and a belt and voila….perfect fall ensemble! The dress and boots are no longer for sale, but I’ve linked some very similar items for you below!

What’s more fall than a comfy, thick sweater to keep you warm at night by the campfire? I am sweater obsessed and pretty sure they take up half my closet, but I’ll deal with that issue when I run out of space or have to move to a bigger apartment! When I saw this on the Jess Lea Boutique I knew I had to have it and was distraught when it came up as being out of stock. So I signed up for the restocking alert and crossed my fingers. A few weeks later I was pleasantly surprised to get the email I’d been waiting for and scooped it up asap! It is so warm and over-sized without making me feel like I’m swimming in it and it’s in my power color!

Sweater/Boots

I’m so happy that ponchos are still in….and who am I kidding? I’d still be wearing them whether they were or not! They’re basically like a giant blanket with arms. What better way to keep warm than watching the Cubs play or going apple picking with the family? This poncho is no longer for sale, but I’ve listed a few below that are very similar and that you might like!

fall fashion ideas to try

Boots

These are just a few of many fall fashion ideas to come! Keep tuned and in the meantime check out how I styled floral for the fall right here. Stay warm, lovelies!
Disclaimer: Buddha Belly may make a commission from any sales of products mentioned on this page. As always, my opinion is my own.

1. October 20, 2017 / 4:18 pm

Hi
    thanks for sharing, where can I order the MiH Jeans online? do they ship to Europe and will they pay the shipping cost.
    Thanks for sharing

October 20, 2017 / 7:49 pm

Hi Roamy, if you click the link to it in my post you can buy it from there. I just looked on the Net-a-Porter website and it looks like they ship all over Europe, but I don’t know about the pricing. I do know I love that brand though and the pants stretch really well without getting baggy over time. Let me know how you like them if you end up getting them!

2. October 20, 2017 / 4:26 pm

Love throwing on jeans, boots and a comfy sweater! Fall is great for some versatility – love your picks!

October 20, 2017 / 7:48 pm

Yes, I have another post coming up soon about how to layer without looking frumpy. I’m really excited about that one!

3. alex
    October 20, 2017 / 4:53 pm

Ooh, I love jean jackets, plaid and boots so much for the fall. I cant wait for it to actually get crispy in California!

October 20, 2017 / 7:45 pm

I love plaid so much. I even got my boyfriend to start wearing plaid socks! I work nationally and am doing some business with someone in California and they were saying it’s still in the 90’s out there. I can believe it because it’s 75 here today in Chicago!

4. October 20, 2017 / 5:21 pm

The poncho and the boots are to die for! Love the way you played with fall colors here 🙂

October 20, 2017 / 7:44 pm

Thank you! Fall and Spring have some of my fave color palettes.

5. October 20, 2017 / 5:55 pm

Love the boots!!

October 20, 2017 / 7:43 pm

Thanks so much! They are surprisingly super comfy!

6. October 20, 2017 / 6:57 pm

You are too cute!! I love all the outfits, especially the first. I have been jean jacket obsessed lately too. Fall is the best season to dress for 🙂

October 20, 2017 / 7:44 pm

Aw, shucks. Thank you! It took me forever to find one that I knew I would like for awhile. I love the idea of a cropped one, but it would become out of fashion too quickly.

7. October 20, 2017 / 8:53 pm

So many cute looks!

October 20, 2017 / 9:01 pm

Thanks so much!

8. October 21, 2017 / 3:27 pm

You are beautiful! I like these ideas and will have to try some. Fall is my favorite! If you like fun food blogs check me out too. I will definitely follow you.

October 21, 2017 / 3:37 pm

Aw, thank you. You’re such a sweetheart. I’m checking you out right now!

9. October 21, 2017 / 5:01 pm

I love a cute white dress and jean jacket! We live in San Diego so rarely get to wear the boots and jackets haha.

October 22, 2017 / 4:44 pm

Yeah, it looks so fresh. So sad! I love jackets so much, but I do love the sun! Pretty even trade-off, haha.

10. October 23, 2017 / 4:44 pm

I like the little white dress. It’s so cute especially with brown boots

October 23, 2017 / 6:23 pm

Thank you so much! Yeah, the brown boots really bring it into fall!

11. November 15, 2017 / 9:09 pm

Hi, awaitressnomore! These outfits look great. They are so comfy and cute. Also, I had a great time reading this article. You`re an amazing writer! I was wondering, what would be your choice for a late fall hiking?

November 16, 2017 / 4:21 pm

Do you mean as far as what to wear?

• February 4, 2018 / 10:17 pm

I`m sorry it took me so long to reply to you. Yes, I mean what to wear.

February 4, 2018 / 10:20 pm

I don’t have any hiking boot preferences other than I like to wear boots because it keeps my ankles from getting cut up and gives better grip. I usually just wear leggings and a closer fitting top and layer from there. I like doing layers instead of a large, but warm jacket because it allows you to move more easily. Also, if you get to warm you can just take off a layer. If you only have one jacket keeping you warm you don’t really have the option to take it off. Happy hiking to you!