My 6th Week of Healing from Hip Surgery

1. Wow, what a journey you have been on! I’m glad your recovery is going well and you are out of your brace and starting PT. Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks so much, Beverly! It’s just nice to be able to work on something besides just laying around. 🙂

2. I’m glad you were finally able to that brace off. I remember wearing a half body cast for six weeks after being in the hospital in traction for four weeks. I was one happy camper when it came off. I love that res dress and would wear it in a minute if I was say thirty years younger. Haha

You definitely had it worse than me! Congrats on making it through.

Haha, it’s one of my faves! I’m sure you could still rock it 😉

3. Elizabeth O says:

So happy to read your recovery is going so well and you have your back brace off. You look gorgeous in those outfits you chose, the red dress is absolutely gorgeous on you!

4. Ithfifi says:

I really admire your strength and your kindness for sharing your experience with everyone, I’ve never seen a recovery blog before but I am sure it will help reassure so many people. I am glad you are doing better and in less pain, it sounds like you’ve got a really great time on your side and I hope you continue to improve 🙂 Also agree with Elizabeth, stunning dress! It suits you perfectly!
    Ithfifi recently posted…Freehand Spring Flowers & Easter ChickenMy Profile

Thanks so much for reading! It’s actually just a portion of what I blog about, but a lot of hip surgery patients don’t know what to expect in the aftermath of their hip surgery so I thought it would be helpful to document it for all for all of them 🙂

Aw, thanks so much. That dress is one of my faves!

5. Wow this is amazing! I admire your strength to document your journey. The red romper looks amazing on you. Keep on fighting and going strong. You look amazing for 6 week post opt hip surgery.

6. I’m so glad that your healing process is going smoothly and that you’re back on the track toward 100% recovery!
    Emily Fata, http://www.EmulatingEmily.com recently posted…Things You Need To Consider Before Booking Your Next Trip AwayMy Profile

7. Luci says:

I glad that you feeling better after a major surgery like that. It is great that you are moving around, it is better to do so and not sit around all day.
    Luci recently posted…Chewy Carrot Cake CookiesMy Profile

8. Cia Black says:

YOur are progressing on your healing journey nicely it seems. I love the red dress. I’m a sucker for lace.

9. Oh my goodness, congratulations on a new state of being! Healing is a journey and takes time and patience. Bless you for you willingness to be present to it, and to share your experiences. I am seeing you run around in increased healing and health each and everyday. Xo, 💕 Evelyn, PathofPresence.com 🦋
    Evelyn, PathofPresence 🦋 recently posted…5 Ways To Spring Clean That Will Make You Simplify Your Life You Need to KnowMy Profile

Hi Evelyn,

That means so much to me. Thank you! My PT said something amazing to me the other day…sometimes you aren’t going through a trial to teach you something, but so that you can teach others something. I took that to heart 🙂

10. Rachel says:

Sounds like you are doing really well and looking good in these pics too!

11. Megan says:

Thanks for sharing this update –– so glad to hear you’re doing well. Love and light to you <3 xx

12. Becca Talbot says:

Sounds like you’re doing much better now, and you look fantastic 🙂 I love that red dress on you x

13. Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Having major surgery is definitely something that can change your motivation…glad to see you are doing well!

14. So glad to hear you’re feeling up so well. Good luck on your PT. I’m loving that red dress with red lace trim.

15. Sonal says:

You go girl! Such a warrior and champ you are! Give a pat on your back… I wish you quicker healing and a peaceful one too!

16. Britney says:

Oh goodness, what a wellness journey! Glad your hip surgery recovery is going well ! PS. Love your outfits!

17. Preet says:

So glad to read that your recovery is going on very well. You look so pretty in all the dresses, especially the red one.

18. Pippa says:

Healing from surgery can be so rough! It seems like you’re handling it well and feeling better every day! Also, I recently discovered Hello Molly and love all of there stuff! That red dress is so cute <3

Hi Pippa (I love your name btw!),

Omg, yes. Hello Molly is so freaking cute!

I’m having a bad couple pain days, but I’m remaining positive and hanging in there. It’s normal since I started walking again.

19. Oh my word you’ve been through a rough 6 weeks and you sound so amazingly positive. Kudos to you. It must’ve been really tough, but you pulled through with a smile. So inspiring. Wishing you strength and good vibes for the rest of your recovery

I’m definitely getting there. Having a bad week now pain-wise, but trying to be positive. They said it may flare up again.

20. Emily Leary says:

Everything sounds like it’s going super well, I’m so pleased. I love that you set your alarm so you could take your brace off the minute you could!

21. I’m so glad that your healing is coming along! Before you know it, you’ll be able to run and move about freely once again. 🙂
    Emily Fata, http://www.EmulatingEmily.com recently posted…Nova Scotia, Canada: A Look Back at My Time in the Maritimes (July 2017)My Profile

22. So glad to hear about your recovery. I am sure you will be back to being 100% fine soon. You look amazing in all the outfits here.

❥ tanvii.com
    Tanvi Rastogi recently posted…Sartorial EntertainmentMy Profile

23. Stephanie Jeannot says:

Glad that you are able to do a whole lot more with your recovery instead of having to have a long, drawn out and extensive time getting back to your old self. God is good!

24. Samantha says:

It sounds like recovery is going really well! That’s great that you found a new intergrative doctor. I love those dresses, especially the red one! 🙂 Hope your recovery continues to go well.

25. NAti says:

I’m glad to read that you are slowly recovering and that you don’t need so many pills now. Trying spring outfits cheers me up too!
    NAti recently posted…Korean Beauty │ COSRX One Step Moisture Up Kit (3 in 1)My Profile

26. Fiona says:

Aww I am so pleased to know about your recovery process. The outfits are so cute. I love your positive vibes 🙂

27. Chei Pangan says:

I hope you are on your full recovery now. I love the red dress you wearing. Looks so gorgeous in you.

28. christiana says:

so glad that your recovery is going well .you’re such an inspiration.

Hi Christiana,

You are too sweet. Thank you so much for your kind compliments. You know how to lift a girl up 😉