Guest Blog: Create Your Own Personal Look

1. Well written and very true. There seems to be a globally accepted “fashion uniform” and people around the world end up dressing very similar. Finding your own style is a fun long journey.

It is a fun journey! I always thought that I’d fine my style and that would be it, but it just constantly evolves and changes. So exciting!

2. Elizabeth O says:

I am always saying that I follow a crowd and would love personal look so I learned alot from this post. I really just want to feel 100% comfortable in my own skin.

I can totally relate. You want your own look, but you also don’t want to stand out “too much”. I sometimes push the bounds with clothing I’m not totally comfortable with, but most of the time I stick with my leather jackets thrown over something girly, haha.

3. Kansas says:

Whats funny is as a young kid I swore I’d never get any tattoos, I thought they looked “trashy” But as an adult I love them I see them as a beautiful way to decorate your body. I have 4 so far and cant wait ti get more!

Haha, I can understand that. I waited forever to get my first tattoo because I couldn’t settle on something and didn’t want to get something just because. Now I have three, but each of them mark a super important part of my life. I love them!

4. I find accessories are a great way for me to customize my signature look. I also went through a phase of being known for my daily use of red lipstick (Russian Red, from Mac), and ’60s-meets-modern way of dressing.
    Emily Fata, recently posted…WhiteMy Profile

I’m a big fan of accessories because you can wear similar outfits that look totally different once you’ve accessorized. Those sound like adorable looks!

5. Arvind Kumar says:

Nice your content thanks

6. Princy says:

so true, everyone wants to copy someone else. i guess body shaming has become so big that no one wants to embrace their individuality any more. thanks for the great reminder.

I never thought of it that way; You have great insight! I definitely have passed on different clothing items because I thought it might stand out too much. More so in my teenage-hood than now, but I still find those tiny fears creep up once in awhile.

7. Wow, this was such a great read. I wish I had more confidence to change a few of these things by myself but I’m also pretty happy with how I am! Thanks for sharing.

I’m so glad to hear someone say that they’re happy with who they are! I constantly feel like I have so much I want to change and achieve. It gives me hope I can get to that place one day!

8. Nidhi Thawal says:

I think you should follow something only because it is in the fashion. A trend is always for people, people may or may not be for that trend! Comfort is the best fashion. You should wear what you can carry off well with absolutely no compromise on your comfort factor.
    Nidhi Thawal recently posted…The beckoning call!My Profile