Guest Blog: What is Mindfulness and How it Can Benefit Your Life and Health?

1. Courtney says:

It’s funny that I came across this post, because sometimes I find myself collapsing on my couch thinking… where the heck did the day go? I’m so involved in things that don’t need my attention right away, and then I’m left thinking about other things that I should’ve handled first. It’s so easy to get caught up in the craziness. Sometimes it’s nice to just sit and embrace what you have around you!

I wholeheartedly agree. I don’t care too much if I’m not present at work, but if I’m with my friends and family or doing something I love I like to be fully present and enjoy it all.

2. Ophelia T says:

I love your post. I think we all need to slow down and put down our technology. It would be good for our mind and body. Thanks for sharing.

You’re very welcome. It’s hard with my job and my passion for my blog to put down the electronics, etc, but luckily my friends are super into board games and chill nights so I can relax then. I also try and take a break for a couple hours at least once a week from technology.

3. Lauren says:

I am also learning to be more present in my daily life. There can be so many days when I just go through the motions.

I catch myself doing that all the time. I was listening to a story on Audible when I was driving home from work last night and just decided to turn it off and drive home in silence. It actually felt surprisingly good.

4. Emily says:

I have three kids between 3-5 and I, too, feel like I’m running around like crazy with a never ending to do list. It can be hard to get yourself out of that rut. Thanks for sharing.

You’re very welcome. I can’t relate to the feeling of having kids, but my life always feels jammed packed so I try and list out my priorities to make sure I’m not skipping my meditation and journaling to watch tv, etc. It took some training and I’m not perfect, but it’s become a great habit that I enjoy now much more than watching tv and the like. Just my personal two cents. I can’t imagine how tiring having two young kids running around is.

5. I definitely need to make more time and simply slow down. It’s so hard in the modern world of the internet and social media. Perhaps I will rest this weekend.

Berniedette |

6. Bhuboy says:

I have been reading a lot about this lately , about mindfulness, means this could really be a good thing
    Bhuboy recently posted…Roasted Garlic Herb Chicken with Red Potatoes & KaleMy Profile

It really is. Stress is toxic in our lives because so many people don’t even realize how stressed out they are. It’s become their norm. Best of luck and I hope you can incorporate some of the tips into your everyday life!

7. Grace says:

Thanks for the great info. Mindfulness is something everyone should know about. It has helped me immeasurably in my life in the past year. Lower stress is just the beginning.
    Grace recently posted…Meditation – How to Get Started in 3 Simple StepsMy Profile

You’re very welcome! I love that. So many people start mindfulness to help lower their stress and then all these other benefits come along. It’s so great!

8. Kay says:

Awesome post about mindfulness, I write about mindfulness too and it really is a great way to improve your mental (&physical) health! Staying in the now, and not letting life feel like a “race” instead of a journey, are great points and I loved this article!